Last month Xiaomi introduced the Redmi K40 series smartphones in China with 3 models. Now the model number M2012K11AG has been certified by the FCC and also appeared in IMEI listing that reveals that the Redmi K40 will be launched as POCO F3 for the global markets, just like how last year’s Redmi K30 Pro was launched as POCO F2 Pro in several countries outside China.
The FCC report clearly mentions the model number and also reveals the POCO F3 name for the phone which is the same as the Redmi K40. It also got TUV Rheinland certification recently.
The phone has also appeared in IMEI listing which confirms that the phone will be launched in India soon.
Redmi K40 / POCO F3 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging
We will have to wait for the POCO F3 launch event announcement, which could be just a few weeks away.