POCO just announced POCO F2 Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at a global online event as it has promised. It packs a 6.67-inch E3 Super AMOLED screen with 92.7% screen-to-body ratio, 60Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate, and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The company says it has 360° ambient light control with 3 sensors. It is powered by Snapdragon 865, 5G SA/NSA support with Snapdragon X55 Modem, has 3435mm² VC liquid-cooled heat sink, Game Turbo 3.0, 4D vibration when playing games with Z-axis motor and has been certified by TÜV Rheinland for high-performance gaming. It runs Android 10 with MIUI 11, comes with 3D glass back with AG technology, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and Anti-glare matte finish in grey and purple color versions, NFC and Hi-Res audio support.
The phone has a 64MP Sony IMX686 1/1.7″ sensor, supports four-axis OIS and incorporates a 4-in-1 (1.6μm) Super Pixel comes with a 13-megapixel 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 5MP (50mm equivalent) tele macro lens and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is a 12-megapixel pop-up front camera with 3D sensing system that can quickly sense falling and retreats and has built-in custom fall protection spring which can also provide another layer of shock protection. There is built-in notification LED supports 5 colors.
The phone is equipped with Super Bluetooth chip + Bluetooth 5.1, which can effectively expand the range of Bluetooth signal up to 400 meters without disconnection and lower latency. It comes with a 4700mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging that can charge the phone fully in 63 minutes.
POCO F2 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 1200nit (Max brightness) / 800nit (HBM) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 5MP (50mm equivalent tele) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 120fps slow motion
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, 1216 speaker
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 218g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh (Typical) battery with 30W fast charging
The POCO F2 Pro comes in Neon Blue, Phantom White, Electric Purple and Cyber Grey colours, is priced at €499 (Rs. 40,740 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs €599 (Rs. 48,870 approx.). It will roll out globally starting from today from Aliexpress and Gearbest and will soon be available from POCO.net, Lazada and other online retailers soon. Based on earlier rumours the company is planning to launch the phone as K30 Pro in India soon.