Along with the Redmi K40 series, Xiaomi’s Redmi brand introduced the Redmi MAX 86-inch model that joins the 98-inch version that was introduced last year. It features a 4K panel, DCI-P3 92% Color gamut, 10-bit color, and a delta E ≦2 level color accuracy. It supports Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+, HDR10 and HLG, comes with HDMI 2.1 port, VRR and ALLM support. The TV also offers 120Hz high refresh rate, MEMC technology for immersive viewing with sports content.
The company said that it has adopted a special packaging which features an eco-friendly EPP material to ensure added protection during product transportation, and a round-corner design to make it fit for most elevators.
Redmi Max 86″ specifications
- 86-inch (3840 × 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, HDR 10, 92% DCI-P3 color gamut, 120Hz MEMC motion compensation
- Quad-Core Cortex A73 MediaTek MT9650 processor with Mali-G52 MC1 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Automatic low latency mode (ALLM), variable refresh rate (VRR) avoids picture delays, tears, and freezes
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, 3 x HDMI: 3 (including one 4K120Hz, including one eARC), 2 x USB, S/PDIF, Ethernet
- Supports Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, H.265, H.264, Real, MPEG1/2/4, etc.
- 2 × 12.5W speaker, AI AQ, Dolby Digital plus, Dolby Atmos, DTS -HD
The Redmi Max 86″ is priced at 7,999 yuan (US$ 1,236 / Rs. 90,310 approx.) and will go on sale in China from March 4th.