Xiaomi has started sending out invites for the launch of its Mi 11 flagship smartphone globally, after it was introduced in China last month. It will also introduce the MIUI 12.5, the next MIUI update for the global markets on the same day. It is doubtful if we can see the Mi 11 Pro at the event since it is expected to be introduced in China first. However, we can expect the Mi 11 Lite which is rumoured to pack a Snapdragon 732G SoC or possibly a Mi 10 version called the Mi 10s with Snapdragon 870.
Happy to bring the latest & best to our Mi Fans. Any guesses which phones? 🤔 RT if you are excited.🔁
I ❤️ Mi pic.twitter.com/KmccmNWoSM
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) January 29, 2021
Xiaomi India head Manu Kumar Jain today confirmed that the company will launch new phones powered by Snapdragon 888 and Snapdragon 870 in India soon, so we can expect the Mi 11 and possibly the Mi 10 SD 870 version here soon.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) / 4500mAh (Minimum) battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
MIUI 12.5 brings faster UI, more super wallpapers, new privacy features, says Xiaomi. You can check out all the features here.
The event on February 8th starts at 1PM CET (5:30PM IST). We should know the price of the phone and the list of devices that will get the update globally when it goes official next month.