Xiaomi just announced Mi 11, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China as it had promised. It packs a 6.81-inch E4 AMOLED quad curved DotDisplay with peak brightness of 1,500 nits, 120Hz refresh rate and touch sampling rate of 480Hz and MEMC motion compensation. It has JNCD of 0.38 and uses its self-developed color calibration algorithm. The phone comes with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus that offers better scratch and drop resistance. It has A+ rating from DisplayMate.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and VC LiquidCool Technology. The phone packs a 108MP camera with 1/1.33″ large image sensor with OIS support, 12MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera and 5MP 50mm telephoto macro lens. The phone has a glass back and packs a 4,600 mAh battery with 55W wired flash charging that can fully charge the device in just 45 minutes and also supports 50W wireless fast charging and the phone has 10W wireless reverse charging.
Xiaomi has confirmed that the Mi 11 Mainland China standard version will not come with an in-box charger, while the bundle version will come with a separate 55W GaN charger. Both versions are offered at the same price, allowing users to purchase based on their need, said the company.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) / 4500mAh (Minimum) battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
The Mi 11 comes in Midnight Gray, Horizon Blue and Frost White colours with Anti-glare frosted glass back and the Lilac Purple and Honey Beige colours with Vegan leather finish. The Mi 11 8GB + 128GB version is priced at 3999 yuan (US$ 611 / Rs. 44,970 approx.), 8GB+256GB costs 4299 yuan (US$ 657 / Rs. 48,345 approx.) and the top-end 12GB + 256GB version costs 4699 yuan (US$ 718 / Rs. 52,845 approx.). It is already available for order in China and goes on sale from January 1st.