HUAWEI’s HONOR brand today introduced HONOR V40 5G, the company’s latest top-end smartphone in the V series in China, as it had promised. The phone packs a 6.72-inch FHD+ OLED 80° curved waterfall screen with 93.2% screen-to-body ratio, 120Hz refresh rate and 300Hz touch sampling rate, 16MP front camera and an additional ToF sensor. The phone is powered by Dimensity 1000+ SoC with up to 8GB of RAM and GPU Turbo X graphics acceleration engine.
It is equipped with a 50-megapixel 1/1.56″ RYYB main camera with 4-in-1 pixel binning that is equivalent to 2.0μm pixels, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera and a 2-megapixel macro camera along with laser autofocus. The back has glossy and matte AG glass finish, packs a 4000mAh battery with 66W fast charging that can charge up to 60% in 15 minutes and also supports 50W wireless fast charging.
HONOR V40 5G specifications
- 6.72-inch (2676 x 1236 pixels) FHD+ OLED 120 Hz curved display with up to 800 nits brightness
- Octa-Core (4×A77 2.6GHz + 4×A55 2.0GHz) Dimensity 1000+ 7nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 10 with Magic UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with 1/1.56″ RYYB Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.9 aperture 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, laser autofocus
- 16MP front camera, ToF sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) with 66W SuperCharge fast charging, 50W wireless charging
The HONOR V40 5G comes in Titanium Silver, Midnight Black, and Rose gold colours, is priced at 3599 yuan (US$ 556 / Rs. 40,620 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256G storage version costs 3999 yuan (US$ 618 / Rs. 45,135 approx.). It is already available for order in China.