Vivo just announced X60 and X60 Pro smartphones in the new X60 series in China. The phones pack a 6.56-inch FHD+ HDR10+ E3 AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 32MP camera inside the punch-hole and 92.7% screen-to-body ratio. The Vivo X60 series are the first to be powered by Samsung Exynos 1080 5nm SoC with built-in 5G.
The X60 Pro packs quad rear cameras with Zeiss optics lenses that includes a 48MP main camera with Sony IMX598 f/1.48 aperture main camera with second-generation 4-axis OIS anti-shake feature, 13MP 50mm portrait camera, 13MP 120° wide-angle camera with 2.5cm macro support and an 8MP 125mm 5x periscope telephoto lens that has up to 60x zoom. The X60 misses the periscope camera. Other camera features include old photo restoration and colouring feature, vivo X60 supports 1X, 2X multi-focus motion capture and the vivo X60 Pro has 1X, 2X, 5X motion capture.
The X60 series feature two-tone gradient design and satin AG technology that not only offers smoothness and exquisiteness, but also visually more advanced, almost completely free of fingerprints, according to vivo. The vivo X60 is the thinnest 5G mobile phone to date, with a body thickness of only 7.36mm, says the company.
Vivo X60 and X60 Pro specifications
- 6.56-inch (2376×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.8:9 E3 AMOLED 120Hz (curved in X60 Pro) HDR10+ display
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Exynos 1080 5nm processor with Mali-G78 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OriginOS 1.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX598 sensor, f/1.48 aperture LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 13MP 120° ultra-wide lens with 2.5cm macro, f/2.2 aperture, 13MP 50mm portrait camera with f/2.46 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture for 5x optical and up to 60x zoom (X60 Pro only)
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio
- X60 Dimensions: 159.63×75.01×7.36mm; Weight: 175.6g
- X60 Pro Dimensions: 158.57×73.24×7.59mm; Weight: 178g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (X60) / 4200mAh (X60 Pro) battery with 33W fast charging
The vivo X60 is priced at 3498 yuan (US$ 535 / Rs. 39,290 approx.) for 8GB +128GB, 3798 yuan (US$ 581 / Rs. 42,660 approx.) for 8GB+256GB and 3998 yuan (US$ 612 / Rs. 44,905 approx.) for the top-end 12GB + 256GB version and the vivo X60 Pro is priced at 4498 yuan (US$ 688 / Rs. 50,510 approx.) for the only 12GB +256GB version. These are available to order and will go on sale starting from January 8th in China. vivo X60 Pro+ with Snapdragon 888 will be introduced in late January 2021.