Qualcomm just made the Snapdragon 888, the company’s latest flagship 5G Mobile Platform official at the Qualcomm Snapdragon Tech Summit 2020 digital event. “The number 8 has represented our premium tier for over a decade — and this platform is the epitome of premium. It’s our most advanced platform EVER, and it’s kicking off a new era for mobile,” said Alex Katouzian, senior vice president and general manager of mobile, compute and infrastructure at Qualcomm Technologies.
- Combined with 3rd generation Qualcomm Snapdragon X60 5G modem, it enables global compatibility by offering mmWave and sub-6 across all major bands worldwide, as well as support for 5G carrier aggregation, global multi-SIM, stand alone, non-stand alone, and Dynamic Spectrum Sharing.
- 6th generation Qualcomm AI Engine, with re-engineered Qualcomm Hexagon processor offers 26 tera operations per second (TOPS) AI performance
- 2nd generation Qualcomm Sensing Hub incorporates lower-power always-on AI processing for intuitive, intelligent features
- 3rd generation of Snapdragon Elite Gaming in Snapdragon 888 delivers Qualcomm Technologies’ most significant upgrade in Qualcomm Adreno™ GPU performance.
- The latest Qualcomm Spectra ISP enables 2.7 gigapixels per second or roughly 120 photos at 12MP resolution—up to 35% faster than the previous generation
Upcoming Snapdragon 888 powered smartphones
- Upcoming ASUS ROG Phone will use Snapdragon 888.
- Black Shark will launch a new smartphone in 2021 Q1, which will be the first wave of smartphones to feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G Mobile Platform.
- Upcoming flagship Nubia RedMagic Z series phone will use Snapdragon 888.
- OPPO will be one of the first to release flagship Find X series smartphone featuring Snapdragon 888 in the first quarter of 2021.
- realme will introduce flagship 5G smartphone codenamed ‘Race’ powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Mobile Platform as early as possible.
- LG will launch new Snapdragon 888 powered phones in 2021
- vivo and iQOO smartphones with new Snapdragon 888 are coming soon.
- OnePlus will launch its flagship smartphone powered by Snapdragon 888 in the first half of 2021
- Xiaomi’s upcoming flagship smartphone Mi 11 will be one of the first devices with Snapdragon 888.
- ZTE will introduce Axon 30 powered by Snapdragon 888
Qualcomm has also partnered with Lenovo, MEIZU, Motorola and Sharp that will launch smartphones powered by the latest flagship Mobile Platform. Other partners include Ericsson, Hugging Face, NTT DOCOMO, Tension and Verizon. Qualcomm will reveal more details about the Snapdragon 888 during Day 2 of Tech Summit 2020 tomorrow.