After teasers, Intel today detailed its upcoming 11th Gen Core S-series desktop processors (code-named “Rocket Lake-S”). This will introduce a new Cypress Cove desktop architecture designed to transform hardware and software efficiency and increase performance. It promises double-digit percentage IPC performance improvement compared to last gen and will offer enhanced Intel UHD graphics with Intel Xe Graphics architecture.
Features being introduced with 11th Gen Intel Core S-Series include:
- New Cypress Cove architecture featuring Ice Lake Core architecture and Tiger Lake Graphics architecture.
- Double-digit percentage IPC performance improvement
- Up to 20 CPU PCIe 4.0 lanes for more configuration flexibility.
- Enhanced Intel UHD graphics featuring Intel Xe Graphics architecture.
- Intel Quick Sync Video, offering better video transcoding and hardware acceleration for latest codecs.
- New overclocking features for more flexible tuning performance.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost / VNNI support.
- New Integrated USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 (20G)
- New Intel 500 Series Chipset
The 11th Gen Intel Core S-Series desktop processors will launch in Q1 2021, but we should know more details about the processors from Intel before that.