Xiaomi under its Redmi brand introduced its Redmi K30S smartphone, which is the Chinese version of the Mi 10T that was introduced last month. It has a 6.67-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 144Hz refresh rate, Adaptive sync variable refresh rate to switch between 144Hz, 120Hz, 90Hz, 60Hz, 50Hz, 48Hz and 30Hz, MEMC motion compensation technology, is powered by Snapdragon 865, 5G SA/NSA support with Snapdragon X55 Modem, liquid cooling and runs Android 10 with MIUI 12.
It comes with a 64-megapixel 1/1.7″ Sony IMX682 sensor, 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens and a 5-megapixel super macro camera, features side-mounted fingerprint scanner, X-axis linear vibration motor, glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, Aluminum alloy frame, supports NFC, dual linear speakers and pack a 5000mAh battery with 33W fast charging that can charge up to 100% in an hour.
Redmi K30S specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 144Hz refresh rate, 500 nits (typ) / 650 nits max brightness, HDR10, MEMC, 98% DCI-P3 Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with IMX682 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP 2cm-10cm macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 8K video recording
- 20MP front-facing camera with Samsung S5K3T2 sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-res audio
- Dimensions: 165.1×76.4×9.33mm; Weight: 216g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery with 33W fast charging
The Redmi K30S comes in Interstellar Black and Moonlight Silver colours, is priced at 2599 yuan (US$ 387 / Rs. 28,570 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2799 yuan (US$ 417 / Rs. 30,765 approx.). It is now available for order and will go on sale in China from November 1st. During November 11th Single’s Day sale, the phones will be available starting at 2299 yuan (US$ 342 / Rs. 25,250 approx.) after 300 yuan discount.