Amazon has launched its next-generation Fire TV Stick, and the all-new Fire TV Stick Lite. It has also introduced Redesigned Fire TV experience that offers improved content-discovery features, enhanced Alexa voice integration, and user profiles for personalized recommendations for movies, TV shows, and more.
The new Fire TV Stick and the Fire TV Stick Lite are powered by faster 1.7 GHz quad-core processor with IMG GE8300 GPU that is 50% more powerful than the previous generation, says Amazon. These offer 1080p HDR streaming, comes with dual-band (2.4GHz + 5GHz), dual-antenna Wi-Fi and usual Alexa voice control.
The Fire TV Stick supports Dolby Atmos, which was present only in the Fire TV Stick 4K. This offers immersive sound with compatible content and speakers, and an Alexa Voice Remote with dedicated power, volume, and mute buttons for easy control of TVs, soundbars, and A/V receivers.
The new Fire TV Stick is now available for order from Amazon.in for Rs. 3999 and will ship starting October 15.
Fire TV Stick Lite
The Fire TV Stick Lite comes only with Dolby audio instead of Dolby Atmos and a new remote that allows you to use voice to find, launch, and control content using Alexa like the Fire TV, but it does not have dedicated power and volume buttons for controlling TV.
The Fire TV Stick Lite is now available for order from Amazon.in for Rs. 2999 and will ship starting October 15.
All-New Personalized Fire TV Experience
Amazon is also introducing Fire TV’s most significant experience update is redesigned to offer a more intuitive, simple, and customized experience.
- Main Menu is at the center of your screen and makes it easy to find what you’re looking for.
- Jump into your favorite streaming service directly, or scroll over supported apps to quickly peek at what’s inside and begin playback.
- A brand-new Find experience makes it easier than ever to discover great movies, TV shows, and more, with browsing capabilities that allow for broad and specific searches based on genre (e.g. comedies, action), helpful categories (e.g. free, sports, Live TV), and more.
- Improved Alexa voice controls for greater control of your entertainment. Just say “Alexa, go to Library” to browse shows.
- Personalized user profiles for up to six members of a household, providing individual content recommendations, viewing history, watch lists, preferred settings, and more.
- Change user profiles by saying “Alexa, switch to my profile.” After initial set up, Alexa will automatically recognize the voice and switch to your profile.
- Alexa Explore destination displays popular Alexa features and helps you discover new recipes, view stocks, and more
The redesigned Fire TV experience will begin rolling out globally later this year, starting with the all new Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick Lite. Some features will vary by country.
Commenting on the launch, Parag Gupta, Head of Amazon Devices, India, said:
Millions of Fire TV customers in India will now experience an even better and faster streaming experience with this launch. TV at home has become the mainstay for movies, shows, kids’ entertainment and latest news during these uncertain times. Customers can now get the most out of their TVs with the next-generation Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick Lite. It offers a more powerful and affordable streaming experience with better voice integration with Alexa.