Qualcomm just announced Snapdragon 732G Mobile Platform, successor of Snapdragon 730G that offers upgraded GPU and CPU compared to the previous generation. The prime CPU core clock speed in 732G us up to 2.3 GHz, compared to 2.2 GHz in the predecessor and the Adreno 618 GPU offers 15% improvement in graphics rendering.
Similar to 730G, it offers Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming experiences, features 4th generation Qualcomm AI Engine and has Qualcomm Snapdragon X15 LTE Modem.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Mobile Platform specifications
- Octa-Core – Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 470 (performance A76-based) + Hexa 1.8GHz Kryo 470 (efficiency A55-based) CPUs
- 8nm process technology
- Up to 8GB memory, 2×16 LPDDR4x 1866MHz, eMMC, UFS 2.1 hear 3 1-lane, SD 3.0, USB 3.1
- Qualcomm Adreno 618 GPU (15% faster than 730G)
- OpenCL 2.0 Full, DirectX 12, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1 API support
- Qualcomm Spectra 350 ISP – Up to 192 MP / up to 48 MP with MFNR / up to 36 MP, MFNR, ZSL, 30 fps single camera, up to 22MP dual camera, Dual 14-bit ISPs, Zero Shutter Lag, Hybrid Autofocus, Ultra HD 4K video capture at 30fps, Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture, Up to 10-bit color depth video capture, Multi-Frame Noise Reduction (MFNR), Video Capture Formats: HDR10, HLG, 4K HDR Video Capture with Portrait Mode, (Bokeh, 4K at 30 fps), Hybrid Autofocus with support for dual phase detection (2PD) sensors, Real-time object classification, segmentation and replacement
- Supports up to QHD+ (3360 x 1440) displays with HDR10
- Qualcomm Hexagon 688 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology, Neural Processing SDK
- Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec (up to WCD9341) and speaker amplifier
(up to WSA8815), Native DSD support, PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit, Supports two wake words simultaneously, Qualcomm aptX Adaptive audio
technology, Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus technology
- Up to 4K HDR10 PQ and HLG Video Playback (10 bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut), Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC) VP8 and VP9 playback
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X15 LTE modem with up to 800 Mbps DL and 150 Mbps UL, LAA and 4×4 MIMO
- Multi SIM: LTE Dual SIM, VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS)
- Wi-Fi 6-ready, 802.11ax-ready, 802.11ac Wave 2, 2×2 (2-stream) MU-MIMO, Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) + 60 GHz GPS, GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU, GALILEO, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5.1
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G will power POCO’s mid-range smartphone first, confirmed the company. This should be the POCO X3 that will be introduced globally in September.
Commenting on the launch, Kedar Kondap, vice president of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. said:
Snapdragon 732G will deliver a powerful gaming experience, sophisticated on-device AI, and superior performance. We’re excited to work with POCO on the new POCO smartphone powered by the enhanced Snapdragon 732G globally.
Sam Jiang, head of products, POCO Global, said:
We are extremely excited about the upcoming POCO smartphone and our collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies that allowed us to create the first device on the market with the latest Snapdragon 732G Mobile Platform. We believe the device will set a new benchmark in the mid-range category, completely redefining the relationship between a phone’s price and its capabilities.