iQOO just announced the iQOO 5 and iQOO 5 Pro smartphones in China, as it had promised. Both the phones pack a 6.56-inch Full HD+ AMOLED 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate screen with 92.6% screen-to-body ratio and the Pro version also has a 3D curved screen with 1.48mm narrow side bezels. These have a punch-hole screen with a 16-megapixel front camera.
These are powered by Snapdragon 865 with paired with Snapdragon X55 5G modem, up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and VC liquid cooling system with 12751mm area offering 21.4% better heat dissipation compared to iQOO 3. Both the phones feature a 50MP Samsung GN1 sensor and a 13-megapixel ultra-wide camera and the iQOO 5 features a 13-megapixel portrait camera, which is replaced by an 8-megapixel telephoto camera with 5x optical and 60x digital zoom in the iQOO 5 Pro.
The iQOO 5 Pro also has 120W fast charging the can charge the phone’s 4000mAh battery from 0 to 100% in 15 minutes. The iQOO 5 has a 4500mAh battery with 55W fast charging that can charge fully in 50 minutes. The iQOO 5 Pro has BMW M Motorsport’s global partnership so it has legendary version that incorporates three stripes in white leather finish, and the track version has carbon fibre finish under the glass.
iQOO 5 and iQOO 5 Pro specifications
- 6.56-inch (2376×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.8:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 color gamut,103% NTSC color gamut
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with iQOO UI 1.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- iQOO 5 – 50MP camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, f/1.85 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 20x digital zoom, 13MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 13MP 50mmportrait camera with f/2.46 aperture, 2x zoom
- iQOO 5 Pro – 50MP camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, f/1.85 aperture, LED flash, OIS + EIS, 13MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 60x digital zoom
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Fi audio
- iQOO 5 Dimensions: 160.04x 75.60x 8.32mm; Weight:197g
- iQOO 5 Pro Dimensions: 159.56x 73.30x 8.9mm/9.53mm; Weight:198g/196.7g for track and legendary versions
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- iQOO 5 – 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 55W flash charging
- iQOO 5 Pro – 4000mAh (Typical) battery with 120W ultra-fast flash charging
The iQOO 5 comes in Blue and Grey colours and is priced at 3998 yuan (US$ 576 / Rs. 43,130 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 12GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 4298 yuan (US$ 619 / Rs. 46,368 approx.) and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4598 yuan (US$ 662 / Rs. 49,605 approx.).
The iQOO 5 Pro is priced at 4998 yuan (US$ 720 / Rs. 53,920 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 5498 yuan (US$ 792 / Rs. 59,318 approx.). Both these are available for order from today and goes on sale in China from August 24th.