Samsung just announced the Galaxy Note20 along with the Note20 Ultra at its virtual event, as it had promised. It has a 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display with 60Hz refresh rate, is powered by Snapdragon 865+ / Exynos 990 SoC depending on the market and with Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 / Exynos Modem 5123 modem and 8GB RAM. It features in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner, run Android 10 with OneUI and come with Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
The phone has a primary 12-megapixel primary sensor with OIS, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 120-degree field of view, 64-megapixel Telephoto lens with OIS with 3x Hybrid Optic Zoom and Super Resolution Zoom up to 30X. The phone features a 10-megapixel front-facing camera.
The S Pen has significantly improved latency of 26ms for more natural, fluid writing and the built-in remote controls have also received a major update. Gesture control with Anywhere actions have five new customizable gestures that expand on the capabilities offered by Air Actions. The new remote controls lets you customize new actions for Back, Home, Recent App, Smart Select, and Screen Write, and make navigating and presenting easier.
With Microsoft’s Your Phone app and Link to Windows integration on select Samsung phones, users can sync their Galaxy smartphone to their Windows 10 PC to share messages, photos, notifications and calendar reminders in almost real-time. The phone has Wireless Samsung DeX support, IP68 water and dust resistance and a 4300mAh battery with support for wired 25W fast charging and Fast Wireless Charging as well as new Wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi compatible devices on the back of the phones. Compared to Glass back on the Note20 Ultra, this has a plastic back.
Samsung Galaxy Note20 specifications
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ (2400×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 393 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- LTE- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- 5G – 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 64MP Telephoto lens with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 3x Hybrid Optic Zoom, Super Resolution Zoom up to 30X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.6 x 75.2 x 8.3mm; Weight: 192(LTE/Sub6), 194g (mmWave)
- Bluetooth enabled S Pen with Pressure levels: 4096, Pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4300mAh (typical) battery with 25W fast charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy Note20 in Ultra comes in Mystic Bronze, Mystic Green and Mystic Gray colours. It will be available in select markets starting August 21, 2020 with pre-orders starting today, August 5th.
- Galaxy Note20 4G 8GB + 256GB – £849 (Rs. 83,515 approx.) / €949 (Rs. 84,500 approx.)
- Galaxy Note20 5G 8GB + 128GB – $999.99 (Rs. 74,790 approx.)
- Galaxy Note20 5G 8GB + 256GB – £949 (Rs. 93,350 approx.) / €1049 (Rs. 93,410 approx.)