Xiaomi’s Redmi brand today launched Redmi 9 Prime smartphone, as it had announced. It has a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD water-drop, MediaTek Helio G80 8nm SoC, 13-megapixel primary rear AI camera, 8-megapixel 118° ultra-wide angle lens, 5-megapixel 4cm macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
It has an Aura 360 Design with textured anti-fingerprint back, features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and pack a 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging, but comes with 10W charger in the box.
Redmi 9 Prime specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 400 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 1.8GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 118.2° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, linear speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.30 x 77x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi 9 Prime comes in Space Blue, Min Green, Sunrise Flare and Matte Black colours, is priced at Rs. 9999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 11,999. It will be available from Amazon.in and Mi.com starting from August 6th. It will also be available from Mi Home, Mi Studio and other offline retailers soon.
Commenting on the launch, Anuj Sharma, Chief Marketing Officer, Xiaomi India, said:
With each Redmi device, we are moving towards making innovative technologies accessible to everyone. The Redmi range has proven to be the most popular Android smartphone range in the country. Having broken many records, the Redmi series continues to be one of the best-selling’ Made in India’ product portfolios. With Redmi 9 Prime, our aim is to take a fresh perspective to the value segment by bringing in powerful performance with premium design and features. Our focus with Redmi 9 Prime is to re-invent and disrupt the entry level, budget smartphone experience by continuing to provide the latest that technology can offer, further driving our mantra of making quality technology accessible to everyone.