Samsung has been expanding its Galaxy M-Series line up of smartphones quickly in India. Following the launch of the Galaxy M01 in India last month, Samsung has now launched the Galaxy M01s smartphone with a slightly larger display, fingerprint scanner, and more.
The Galaxy M01s sports a 6.2-inch HD+ Infinity-V display with a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels and it is a PLS TFT LCD panel. It is powered by the Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 processor paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 512GB through microSD. Further, it sports a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and the smartphone runs on One UI Core 1.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie).
Coming to the optics, the Galaxy M01s sports dual rear cameras which is a combination of 13MP (primary with f/1.8 aperture) + 2MP (depth with f/2.4 aperture) and the front-facing camera is an 8MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture. It features Accelerometer, Light sensor, Proximity sensor, but there is no Gyroscope. Lastly, it packs a 4000mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy M01s specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ PLS TFT LCD Infinity-V display
- SoC: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 32GB; expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with One UI Core 1.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Cameras: Rear –13MP (primary with f/1.8 aperture) + 2MP (depth with f/2.4 aperture)
- Front — 8MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Rear mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 75.8 x 7.8mm; Weight: 168g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) battery
- Colors: Gray and Light Blue
Pricing and availability
Samsung Galaxy M01s comes in a single variant (3GB+32GB) and is priced at Rs. 9999. It will be available across Samsung’s offline retail stores, Samsung.com and other major e-commerce portals.