Along with the global launch of Redmi Note 9 Pro the company also introduced the Redmi Note 9 for the global markets, as it had promised. It has a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection, is the first smartphone to be powered by the MediaTek Helio G85 12nm SoC. It features a 48-megapixel primary rear camera, 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 2-megapixel 2cm macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is also a 13-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and pack a 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging with fast charger in the box.
Redmi Note 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 450nit(typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear cameras with Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro lens and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.25 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 162.38×77.2×8.95mm; Weight: 199g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (optional) USB Type-C
- 5020mAh (typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi Note 9 comes in Forest Green, Polar White and Midnight Grey colors is priced at $199 (Rs. 14,940 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 64GB storage and the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs $249 (Rs. 18,690 approx.).