HONOR is in a launch spree as the company recently announced the Play 4 Series smartphone. Following that, now the company has announced the 2020 version of the ‘HONOR 8S’ smartphone in the UK which has the same design and almost the same specifications as the HONOR 8S 2019 model.
The HONOR 8S 2020 sports a dual-tone finish at the back and flaunts a 5.71-inch HD+ FullView display. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio A22 Octa-Core processor paired with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, and for reference, the 2019 HONOR 8S came with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It doesn’t have a fingerprint scanner, but supports face unlock.
Regarding the optics, the HONOR 8S 2020 sports a single 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera. It supports Dual SIM + microSD, runs EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9 (Pie) and lastly, it packs a 3020mAh battery.
HONOR 8S 2020 specifications
- Display: 5.71-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 FullView display
- SoC: 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor; IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 64GB; expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Camera: Rear – 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture
- Front- 5MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- Sensors: Proximity, Accelerometer, and Ambient light sensor
- Dimensions: 147.13 × 70.78 × 8.45mm; Weight: 146g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Battery: 3020mAh (typical) / 2920mAh (minimum)
Pricing and Availability
The HONOR 8S 2020 comes in Navy Blue color option and is priced at £99.99 (US$ 126 / Rs. 9542 approx.). It is available for purchase in the UK.