HUAWEI’s HONOR Brand has silently introduced HONOR 8S in Russia. It has a 5.71-inch HD+ Dew Drop notch display 84.6% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 SoC with 2GB of RAM, runs Android Pie with EMUI 9.0, has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera.
It doesn’t have a fingerprint scanner, but comes with face unlock, has patterns on the back, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a 3020mAh battery.
HONOR 8S specifications
- 5.71-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 curved glass display
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 147.13 × 70.78 × 8.45mm; Weight: 146g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3020mAh battery
The HONOR 8S comes in Black, Blue and Gold colors, is priced at 8490 Rubles (US$ 130 / Rs. 9,190 approx.) and is already on sale in Russia. It should roll out in other markets soon.