After huge hype, OnePlus recently made its OnePlus 8 Series smartphones official in the Indian market starting at Rs. 41,999 and Rs. 54,999 respectively. The affordable variant among the 8 series — OnePlus 8 is focussed on those who want the latest set of hardware and fluid OxygenOS experience without having to spend so much. However, it is considerably pricier than its predecessor OnePus 7T and OnePlus 7 Pro after the price cut currently. Check out our first impressions of the phone, also check out our unboxing video from our FoneArena Tamil channel.
OnePlus 8 Unboxing
OnePlus 8 Box contents
- OnePlus 8 in Onyx Black color
- 30W (5V/6A) Warp charge 30T fast charger with USB Type-C cable
- Transparent case
- Paper document that includes Quick start guide, Warranty, and others
Right from its first device, OnePlus has never made a compromise on its device’s build quality and it goes with OnePlus 8 as well. The OnePlus 8 comes with a glass built on front and back, and aluminum for its side frame. Both sides are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
The front side of the device is has a 6.55-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh arte and slightly curved edges similar to the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T Pro. At the back, we have a vertical strip camera setup unlike circular camera bump on 7T.
Moreover, it doesn’t have a dot-notch or a pop-up camera on the front, instead, the company opted for a punch-hole display that houses a 16-megapixel camera. Talking about the placement, the OnePlus 8 has a volume rocker on the left side and a lock button on the right. For a change, both the buttons stick out farther than on last year’s OnePlus phones. The button feedbacks are impressive to say. Another notable point is that the device feels lighter at 180grams and well-balanced. OnePlus got the weight distribution right.
To refresh your memories, here are the specifications
OnePlus 8 specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 402 PPI 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 16MP 116° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160.2×72.9×8.0 mm; Weight: 180grams
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T Fast Charging (5V/6A)
Overall, the look and feel of OnePlus 8 is impressive but feels similar to other OnePlus devices esp. We will be testing the phone under various conditions in the upcoming days. Stay tuned to FoneArena for in-depth review. The phone went on sale last week for the first time, and the next sale is scheduled for tomorrow, June 4th on Amazon.in.
OnePlus 8 series pricing
- OnePlus 8 (6GB + 128GB) Glacial Green — Rs. 41,999
- OnePlus 8 (8GB + 128GB) Onyx Black and Glacial Green — Rs. 44,999
- OnePlus 8 (12GB + 256GB) Onyx Black, Glacial Green and Interstellar Glow — Rs. 49,999