Samsung has upgraded Galaxy Book S, the company’s Windows 10 laptop with 4G support and fan-less design. It still has 13.3-inch Full HD touch display, but the Snapdragon 8cx compute platform has been replaced by new Intel Core processor, making it the first device to offer the processor with Intel’s Foveros 3D stacking technology and a hybrid CPU architecture. It intelligently balances multiple high-performing processes during use while conserving battery when not in use, says the company.
In addition to 4G LTE, it also has Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+), weighs just 950g and only 11.8mm at its thickest point. It lets you boost the brightness up to 600 nits using a two-key shortcut. With partnership with Microsoft, you can enjoy your favorite Android operating system on your Windows PC for a seamless and continuous device-to-device experience, says Samsung. With Microsoft’s Your Phone feature, you can sync your mobile device to receive notifications, messages, cross-device copy & paste and photo transfer, all on the Galaxy Book S.
Samsung Galaxy Book S (2020) specifications
- 13.3-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) FHD TFT (16:9) 10-point multi-touch display, up to 600 nits brightness
- Intel Core processor with Intel Hybrid Technology, Intel UHD Graphics
- 8GB (LPDDR4X) RAM, 256/512GB eUFS, MicroSD slot (up to 1TB)
- Windows 10 Home/Pro
- 1MP HD camera
- Windows Hello sign in with fingerprint
- Ambient Light Sensor (Keyboard Backlit on/off), Hall Sensor
- Headphone out/Mic-in Combo, Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Immersive sound with Dolby Atmos technology
- Dimensions: 305.2 x 203.2 x 6.2 ~ 11.8 mm; Weight: 950g
- 4G LTE Cat.16 via nano SIM slot, Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) 802.11 ax 2×2,, Bluetooth v 5.0, 2 x USB-C
- 42Wh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Book S (2020) comes in Earthy Gold and Mercury Gray colors and is priced at 1,129 Euros (US$ 1256 / Rs. 94,935 approx.) for the 256GB storage version in Europe and the 512GB storage version costs £999 (US$ 1,230 / Rs. 93,010 approx.) in UK.