Amazfit just launched Ares smartwatch, as it had promised. It has features a 1.28-inch square colourful transflective display, records 40 key sports indicators such as heart rate, speed, and altitude. It also supports up to 70 sports modes, whether indoor fitness or outdoor sports, to meet a variety of sports needs. The smartwatch has 5 ATM or 50 meter water resistance that lets you go swimming and has built-in GPS + GLONASS.
The smartwatch has FIRSTBEAT professional-level sports analysis features like VO2Max, Exercise Effect (TE), Exercise Load (TD) and Recovery Time Data. It has built-in GPS and packs a 200mAh battery with up to 14 days battery life.
Amazfit Ares specifications
- 1.28-inch (176 x 176 pixels) color Always-on reflective touch display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection + AF coating
- Receive notifications for calls, messages, emails, weather and other apps on the always-on colour touch display
- 70 sports modes (outdoor running, indoor running, cycling, walking, yoga, elliptical machine, swimming, dance, Skiing, archery etc.)
- Optical heart rate sensor for heart rate zones, Tri-axis Accelerometer, Barometer
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Compatible with Android 5.0, iOS 10.0 and above
- PAI health analysis, FIRSTBEAT professional-level sports analysis
- GPS + GLONASS for route tracking
- Water resistant up to 50 meters (5ATM)
- Dimensions: 46.5 × 55.6 × 14mm; Weight: 49 grams
- 200mAh battery with up to 14 days battery life, 90 days in watch-only mode, 23 hours with continuous GPS use
The Amazfit Ares comes in Black and Army Green colors, is priced at 499 yuan (US$ 70 / Rs. 5,310 approx.), is available for order with 40 yuan discount and goes on sale from June 1st in China.