A new Redmi smartphone with the model number M2003J15SC has been certified by TENAA in China, which is said to be launched as Redmi Note 9. This shows a punch-hole display with a 13-megapixel camera in the top left corner compared to top centre in the Redmi Note 9 Pro series. Even the fingerprint sensor location has been changed from side to back, however this still has a 48-megapixel quad rear camera arrangement with flash moved to the right side of the camera module.
It just says 2GHz Octa-Core processor, so we will have to find out if the smartphone will be powered by MediaTek Helio G80, same as the rumored Redmi 9? It reveals 4920mAh (minimum) battery, but this should come with a 5020mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging, same as the Redmi Note 9 Pro series. 3C certification revealed 22.5W charger for the phone, but the same thing happened with the Redmi Note 9S which offers 18W fast charging support but comes with a 22.5W in-box charger.
Redmi Note 9 rumoured specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2GHz Octa Core processor
- 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear cameras with PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, macro lens and depth sensor
- 13MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 162.3×77.2×8.9mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh (typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi Note 9 is expected to come in Blue, Black, Green, Pink, Red and White colours, and is expected to launch sometime in May.