Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just announced Redmi K30 Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China as it has promised. It packs a 6.67-inch E3 Super AMOLED screen from Samsung with 60Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by Snapdragon 865, 5G SA/NSA support with Snapdragon X55 Modem, has 3435mm² VC liquid-cooled heat sink, Game Turbo 3.0, 4D vibration when playing games and said that it has been certified by TÜV Rheinland for high-performance gaming. It runs Android 10 with MIUI 11, comes with 3D glass back with AG technology, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, NFC and Hi-Res audio support.
It has a 64MP Sony IMX686 1/1.7″ sensor, supports four-axis OIS and incorporates a 4-in-1 (1.6μm) Super Pixel, has support for HEIF format, comes with 8-megapixel telephoto lens with support for 3x optical and 30x digital zoom, 5MP (50mm equivalent) macro lens, which is also the industry’s first true telephoto macro lens and a 13-megapixel 123° ultra-wide-angle lens. There is a 12-megapixel pop-up front camera with 3D sensing system that can quickly sense falling and retreats and has built-in custom fall protection spring which can also provide another layer of shock protection. The built-in notification LED now supports 5 colors.
The K30 Pro is equipped with Super Bluetooth chip + Bluetooth 5.1, which can effectively expand the range of Bluetooth signal up to 400 meters without disconnection and lower latency. It comes with a 4700mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging that can charge the phone fully in 63 minutes. It comes in normal and Zoom Edition, and the only change in the zoom version is the presence of up to 30x zoom telephoto lens in the zoom edition, while the normal edition has 50mm telephoto lens for portrait and macro.
Redmi K30 Pro / K30 Pro Zoom Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 1200nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Redmi K30 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, 5MP (50mm equivalent) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- Redmi K30 Pro zoom edition – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, OIS, 8MP telephoto lens for 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens,2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 120fps slow motion
- Water resistant (IP53)
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, 1216 speaker
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 218g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The Redmi K30 Pro comes in White, Blue, Gray and Purple colors and will go on sale from March 27th. Pricing as follows.
- Redmi K30 Pro 6GB + 128GB — 2999 yuan (US$ 423 / Rs. 32,250 approx.)
- Redmi K30 Pro 8GB + 128GB — 3399 yuan (US$ 480 / Rs. 36,550 approx.)
- Redmi K30 Pro 8GB + 256GB— 3699 yuan (US$ 522 / Rs. 39,780 approx.)
- Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition 8GB + 128GB— 3799 yuan (US$ 536 / Rs. 40,850 approx.)
- Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition 8GB+ 256GB — 3999 yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 43,000 approx.)