Update: March 24, 2020 – The Vivo S6 5G with the model numbers V1962A and V1962BA and has been certified by TENAA in China revealing the complete specifications of the phone. This is expected to be powered by Exynos 980 SoC with built-in 5G after the X30 series. The phone will feature a 6.44-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen and the image confirms waterdrop notch.
Vivo S6 5G rumored specifications
- 6.44-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 980 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP5 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Android 10 with Funtouch OS 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP primary camera, 8MP 120° ultra wide sensor, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro sensor
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 161.16×74.66×8.68mm; Weight:181g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4390mAh battery with 18W Fast charging
Update: March 23, 2020 – Vivo has posted a new teaser image for the phone that shows a quad rear camera setup and a sleek design. The company has also announced Chinese actor Liu Haoran as its ambassador for the phone.
Earlier: After teasers Vivo has confirmed that it will introduce S6 5G, the company’s new selfie-centric smartphone in the ‘S series’ and the successor of last year’s S5 smartphone in China on March 31st. The teaser image shows bottom-ported speaker, USB Type-C port and a SIM slot. It also shows 3D curved glass back with rounded corners.
Earlier, vivo hinted that the vivo S6 body will be very thin and light compared to other phones in the range. In addition, the phone also supports dual-mode 5G and Super Night selfie mode that is already available in its V series phones. Earlier, the phone got 3C certification revealing support for 18W fast charging.