ZTE’s nubia brand just announced the RedMagic 5G, the company’s latest flagship smartphone as it had promised. It packs a 6.65-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate, follow-up response time of 14.9ms, a sliding response time of 45ms, and a click response time of 32.2ms. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 865 with up to 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, comes with new L-shaped cooling pipe and new Active Liquid-Cooling with Turbo Fan 3.0 is 200% cooler from previous RedMagic phones and has increased the air flow volume by 30% and also features multilayer thermal graphite.
The phone users dual IC game Shoulder Trigger Buttons that have also been improved to have 300Hz touch refresh rate and down to 2ms touch delay. The phone has biometric In-screen Fingerprint scanner and comes with 64MP Sony IMX686 main camera, along with a 8MP wide angle lens, and a 2MP Bokeh lens, and a 12 MP front camera. It packs a 4,500mAh battery with 55W fast charging.
Nubia RedMagic 5G specifications
- 6.65-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 AMOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB /12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- Android 10 with Redmagic OS
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, PDAF, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 2MP macro camera
- 12MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions:168.56×78×9.75mm ; Weight: 218g
- 5G NSA & SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 55W fast charging
The nubia RedMagic 5G comes in Black, Red and Gradient versions, is priced at 3799 yuan (US$ 540 / Rs. 40,265 approx.) for the 8GB+128GB version, 4099 yuan (US$ 583 / Rs. 43,430 approx.) for the 12GB+128GB version, 4399 yuan (US$ 625 / Rs. 46,605 approx.) for the 12GB+256GB and the 16GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4999 yuan (US$ 711 / Rs. 52,965 approx.). There is also transparent version at 4599 yuan (US$ 654 / Rs. 48,725 approx.) for the 12GB+256GB and the 16GB RAM with 256GB storage version of it costs 5199 yuan (US$ 739 / Rs. 55,085 approx.). It is now available for order and will go on sale in China from March 19th. Global roll out begins in April.