After teasers Motorola has confirmed the launch of its razr foldable phone in India on March 16th on Flipkart. It was introduced back in November last year, and comes with a 6.2-inch flexible OLED 21:9 CinemaVision screen that closes completely in half, thanks to hinge mechanism that allows the phone to close with both sides perfectly flush. The touchscreen Quick View external display lets you respond to notifications, take selfies, play your music, use Google Assistant, and more without having to flip open your phone.
There is a 16MP main camera with Laser Auto Focus and Night Vision mode and electronic image stabilization as well as built-in artificial intelligence (AI). There is a 5-megapixel selfie camera as well. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 710 with 6GB of RAM, runs stock Android Pie and doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack, but it comes with Premium USB Type-C headphones, tuned by expert sound engineers. The phone packs a 2510mAh battery that promises all-day battery life and has 15W TurboPower charging.
Motorola razr specifications
- 6.2-inch (2142 x 876 pixels) 21:9 Cinemavision foldable pOLED screen, external 2.7-inch (600 x 800 pixels) 4:3 gOLED screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM, 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED FLASH, Sony IMX519 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.22um pixel size, EIS, Dual Pixel autofocus (AF), Laser AF
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size,screen flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 72 x 172 x 6.9mm (Unfolded) 72 x 94 x 14mm(folded); Weight: 205g
- Splash-proof with water resistant nanocoating
- Bottom-ported speaker, 4 mics
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 2510mAh battery with 15W TurboPower fast charging
The Motorola razr comes in Noir Black. We should know the price when it is launched on Monday. Check our hands-on impression here.
Check out the online streaming link for the event above.