After the NEX 3 smartphone that was introduced back in September last year, the company today introduced the NEX 3S 5G smartphone in China, as it had promised. This retains the 6.89-inch waterfall screen with the left and right sides curved close to 90 degrees, with a 99.6% ultra-high screen ratio, but comes with the latest Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Snapdragon X55 5G Modem, liquid cooling, also has up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB UFS 3.1 storage.
The phone has WiFi-6 and NFC-eSE security chip and packs a 4500mAh battery with support for 44W fast charging that can charge 3000mAh battery in 30 minutes. It has a triple rear cameras that includes 64-megapixel main sensor with 1/1.7 aperture, 120° ultra wide-angle camera, which also lets you shoot 2.5cm macro shots and a telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom and 20x digital zoom.
Vivo NEX 3S 5G specifications
- 6.89-inch (1080 × 2256 pixels) Full HD+ 18.8:9 E3 AMOLED display with 100% P3 wide color gamut, HDR10, 800 nit brightness
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 10 with Funtouch OS 10
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 13MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, 13MP telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom with f/2.46 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.09 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4377A Hi-Fi DAC
- Dimensions:167.44×76.14×9.4mm ; Weight: 219.5g
- 5G NSA & SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 44W ultra-fast charging
The Vivo NEX 3S 5G comes in Black, Blue and Red colors, is priced at 4998 yuan (US$ 719 / Rs. 53,440 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version, and 12GB RAM with 512GB storage version costs 5298 yuan (US$ 762 / Rs. 56,545 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from March 14th.