Vivo just announced the NEX 3 and NEX 3 5G, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a special custom-made 6.89-inch waterfall screen with the left and right sides curved close to 90 degrees, with a 99.6% ultra-high screen ratio. The company said that R&D investment of this waterfall screen has exceeded 200 million (probably yuan). It comes preapplied with a specially customized protector for the screen. In addition, NEX 3 is also equipped with a 16-megapixel pop-up camera that can lift in 0.65 seconds and features an in-display fingerprint scanner. It is powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus with up to 12GB RAM and Vapor Chamber cooling to reduce the temperature by up to 10 degrees.
There is pressure key on the side with pressure sensor array consisting of seven sensors, combined with a pressure algorithm model and an X-axis motor, sits on the micrometer-level precision recognition and provides a crisp and vibrating experience. In addition, the company has designed an independent power supply system for the hidden pressure sensitive keys, which can also be used independently during shutdown.
It has a triple rear cameras with 64-megapixel main sensor with 1/1.7 aperture, 120° ultra wide-angle camera, which also lets you shoot 2.5cm macro shots and a telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom and 20x digital zoom. The Hyper-HDR adjust dynamic range from the face to the brightest part of the screen to 7.65 EV, and the overall dynamic range reaches 12.3 EV. Super Night View 2.0 can quickly shoot 12-16 photos, and multi-frame synthesis and noise reduction. It has 5G support with dedicated 6-antenna design, equipped with 4500mAh with 44W ultra-fast flash charging and C-DRX power-saving technology.
Vivo NEX 3 / NEX 3 5G specifications
- 6.89-inch (1080 × 2256 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 100% P3 wide color gamut, HDR10, 800 nit brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal memory, 12GB RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.0) internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9.1
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, 13MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 13MP telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4377A Hi-Fi DAC
- Dimensions:167.44×76.18×9.4mm ; Weight: 218g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4410mAh (minimum) battery with 44W ultra fast charging
The Vivo NEX 3 comes in Black and White colors. The NEX 3 4G version with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage version costs 4998 yuan (US$ 707 / Rs. 50,633 approx.). The NEX 3 5G 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 5698 yuan (US$ 806 / Rs. 57,725 approx.) and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 6198 yuan (US$ 876 / Rs. 62,789 approx.). It will go on sale in China from September 21st. It will be available in other countries in Asia Pacific, Southeast Asia and other markets in the coming months said the company.
At the launch, Spark Ni, Senior Vice President, vivo, said:
The NEX 3 series is a testament to vivo’s commitment to the future of smartphone design and development. It demonstrates vivo’s continuous redefinition and breaking of boundaries, and pursuit of perfection, by providing users with advanced technology and an innovative product experience. Carrying the innovative DNA of the NEX brand, the NEX 3 series offers one of the most premium mobile experiences and best all-round flagship devices available today – and is leading the smartphone industry into a new stage of exploration in the 5G era.