Black Shark just announced the Black Shark 3 and Black Shark 3 Pro smartphones in China, as it had promised. The Black Shark 3 features a 6.67-inch FHD+ display and the Pro version has a 7.1-inch Quad HD+ screen. Both these have 90Hz refresh rate and world’s highest touch sampling rate of 270Hz, and the company says that single-finger touch response delay is as low as 24ms, multi-finger touch response delay is as low as 28ms. These have screen pressure sensitivity 3.0, and the number of pressure-sensitive sensors increased to 4, and the pressure-sensitive area increased by 48%. These have MEMC intelligence Motion compensation technology as well.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 865 with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and features “Sandwich” liquid cooling system, double-sided liquid-cooling covers key heat sources. Heat dissipation area is increased by 100% and the heat dissipation capacity is increased by 50% compared to the previous generation, says the company. It has Black Shark GameEngine and SolarCore intelligent game acceleration engine so that the games load faster, complex scenes run more smoothly with minimal power consumption for the best gaming experience.
It has a new symmetrical design and the company says it is extremely comfortable to hold, and the functional core triangle area creates the strongest performance power and visual aesthetics. The phone has 64-megapixel main camera, 13-megapixel 120° ultra wide-angle camera and a 5-megapixel depth of field camera. There is a 20-megapixel camera on the front. It also supports RAW Super Night mode. The phone has SA / NSA dual-mode 5G, Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 and X + X antenna architecture, so that there are no issues when gaming.
The phone has large gaming triggers with 1.5mm key stroke, 1 million key lifespan, 300,000 lifting span, features independent lifting control with zero delay and accidental touch prevention so it doesn’t get activated when you are not gaming since it has self-locking feature to ensure ultra-high stability of the buttons and has drop recovery. It has horizontal linear motors specially adjusted for games, and can adjust for 150+ kinds of scenes offering vibration effect.
The Black Shark 3 packs a 4720mAh battery with dual-battery design, and the 65W charging support takes just 15 minutes to charge the 2780mAh battery and just 38 minutes for 100%. It also supports 18W magnetic charging when gaming. The Black Shark 3 Pro has a 5000mAh battery that can also be charged fully in 38 minutes.
Black Shark 3 and Shark 3 Pro specifications
- Black Shark 3 – 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 90Hz display, 394PPI, HDR 10+, 105% DCI – P3 color gamut, 500 nits brightness, MEMC intelligent motion compensation technology
- Black Shark 3 Pro – 7.1-inch (3120 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 19.5:9 90Hz display, 483PPI, HDR 10+, 97% DCI – P3 color gamut, 500 nits brightness, MEMC intelligent motion compensation technology
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Android 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 13MP 120° ultra wide sensor with f/2.25 sensor, 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture for portrait shots
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual 1217 super linear speakers
- Black Shark 3 Dimensions: 168.72×77.33x 10.42mm; Weight: 222g
- Black Shark 3 Pro Dimensions: 177.79× 83.29x 10.1mm; Weight: 253g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ax (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Black Shark 3 – 4720mAh battery with 65W fast charging
- Black Shark 3 Pro -5000mAh battery with 65W fast charging
The Black Shark 3 comes in Lighting Black, Silver and Grey colors and is priced at 3499 yuan (US$ 502 / Rs. 36,605 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 12GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 3799 yuan (US$ 545 / Rs. 39,750 approx.) and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3999 yuan (US$ 574 / Rs. 41,840 approx.).
The Black Shark 3 Pro comes in Phantom Black and Armor Grey colors and is priced at 4699 yuan (US$ 674 / Rs. 49,165 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4999 yuan (US$ 718 / Rs. 52,300 approx.). These are now available for order and will go on sale in China from March 10th.
Black Shark accessories include Fun Cooler Pro priced at 179 yuan (US$ 25.7 / Rs. 1,875 approx.). The Black Shark third generation gaming left handle costs 199 yuan (US$ 28.5 / Rs. 2095 approx.) and the Black Shark Bluetooth gaming headset 2 is priced at 499 yuan (US$ 71.6 / Rs. 5,250 approx.).