Update: April 28, 2020 – Sony has started rolling out the phone starting from Europe for €199 (US$ 216 / Rs. 16,425 approx.) and in UK for £169 (US$ 211 / Rs. 16,035 approx.).
Earlier: Sony Mobile has announced Xperia L4 smartphone, successor of last year’s Xperia L3. The phone packs a 6.2-inch HD+ LCD screen with 21:9 aspect ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio P22 with 3GB RAM and 64GB storage that is further expandable. It runs on Android Pie with Sony’s custom skin on top. It features triple rear cameras that includes 13-megapixel main, 5-megapixel ultra-wide and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is also a 8-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 3,580mAh battery with support for fast charging via USB Type-C.
Sony Xperia L4 specifications
- 6.2-inch (1680×720 pixels) HD+ 21:9 display
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5MP 117° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159 x 71 x 8.7mm; Weight: 178g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)/(5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS+ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3,580mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The Sony Xperia L4 comes in Black and Blue and will be available in select markets from Spring 2020 onwards. No details about price or availability yet.