Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just launched the Redmi 8A Dual, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.22-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with Dot Notch and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 SoC with up to 3GB RAM and runs Android Pie with MIUI 11 on top, same as the Redmi 8A. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel front camera and an 8-megapixel front camera. The phone doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor, but comes with face unlock.
It has a plastic back with Aura X Grip compared to Aura wave grip design compared to Aura wave grip in the predecessor, comes with splash resistant nano coating, features dedicated dual SIM slots and packs a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging (10W charger in the box) via USB Type-C port and also comes with support for reverse charging.
Redmi 8A Dual specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with 70.8% NTSC color gamut, 15001 contrast ratio, 270 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB eMMC 5.1 storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.48×75.41×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with VoWiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi 8A comes in Midnight Grey, Sea Blue and Sky White colors, is priced at Rs. 6499 for the 2GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 6999. It will be available from Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from February 18th. It will also be available from other offline stores soon.