Update: This workaround worked on OnePlus 6 previously, but as of now it is not working on OnePlus 6/6T and is only working on OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro smartphones.
Earlier: Jio launched its Wi-Fi calling services shortly after Airtel launched it across several circles. The list of compatible list of devices is huge compared to Airtel, but OnePlus smartphones are not included in the list yet. But, there’s a workaround on getting Jio VoWiFi on your OnePlus smartphone, and in this post, we will show you the steps to get Jio Wi-Fi calling on your OnePlus smartphone.
Note: We tested on OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro smartphones and it worked as expected. It is not working on OnePlus 6/ 6T, as of now.
Steps to enable Jio VoWiFi on OnePlus smartphones
- Download and install OnePlusLogKit 1.0 APK [Download Link]
- Open Dialer and dial *#800#
- You’ll get a warning, but click ‘Enter’
- Then, go to oneplus Log Kit->Function Switch->VoWifi switch and enable the same
- Reboot your device
- Lastly, navigate to Settings->Wi-Fi & internet->SIM & network->SIM (Jio 4G)->Enhanced Communications->Turn on Wi-Fi Calling
- WiFi Calling will start working and you will see the ‘VoWiFi’ icon on the status bar
It is to be noted that the Function Switch on the LogKit is a Dev test only, and the functionality might be unstable after enabling. Hopefully, Jio and OnePlus will enable this feature soon.