Amazon has launched Echo Auto, the company’s latest Alexa product designed for in-car usage with 8 microphones and far-field technology to hear you even in noisy traffic conditions. It is powered by the car’s 12V charging socket or USB port and connects to your car stereo system for audio playback using a 3.5 mm auxiliary cable or Bluetooth connection.
It connects to Alexa through the Alexa app on your smartphone and uses your existing data plan to stream music, make a call or send messages to your phone contacts, and more. With Alexa, you can hear your morning news, listen to an Audible book on your commute, ask for the nearest coffee shops, petrol pumps and more.
- Add Alexa to your car — Echo Auto is powered by your car’s 12V charging socket or USB port and connects to your stereo system through a 3.5 mm auxiliary cable or Bluetooth connection
- Designed exclusively for in-car usage — With 8 microphones and far-field technology, Echo Auto can hear you over music, A/C, and road noise.
- Voice control your music — Voice control Echo Auto through the Alexa app to stream from Amazon Prime Music, Apple Music, JioSaavn, and Gaana – just ask for a song, artist, or genre.
- Just ask — Use your voice to play music, make calls, add to your to do-list, check the news, and more.
- Designed for your privacy — You can press the microphone off button to electronically disconnect the microphones.
The Amazon Echo Auto is priced at Rs. 4,999, available for pre-order on Amazon India website and select retail outlets and will start shipping from January 15.
Commenting on the launch, Parag Gupta, Head of Amazon Devices India, said:
Customers in India tell us they want to take Alexa with them everywhere they go, and we’re delighted to offer them an easy way to add Alexa to the car they already own. Enjoy ad-free music with no breaks or RJ talks, listen to that unfinished audiobook on-the-go, or make calls without the distraction of looking at your smartphone by using simple voice commands. We cannot wait to see how customers in India take Alexa on the road.