LG just launched the G8X ThinQ smartphone in India after it was introduced back in September at the IFA. It packs a 6.4-inch FullVision FHD+ OLED display, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with 6GB of RAM, runs Android Pie with improved user interface with a cleaner design, refreshed icons and tabs such as Dial, Call logs, and Contacts moving to the bottom of the display so that users can get even more done with only one hand, has dual rear cameras, 13MP 136-degree super wide-angle and 12MP standard sensor. There is also a 32-megapixel camera that merges four pixels to form large 1.6μm pixels for better output.
The new 6.4-inch OLED FHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 LG Dual Screen has an additional 2.1-inch Mono Cover Display that lets users check the time, date, battery charge, notifications and other useful information without opening the Dual Screen. The new Dual Screen adopts a new 360 Freestop Hinge to allow for viewing at any angle (0, 104° and 180°), just like a laptop. It can connect to the phone via USB instead of Pogo Pins in the previous generation.
The phone doesn’t have ToF sensor like the G8 ThinQ, but comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner. It has Two 1.2W speakers, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC tuned by Meridian Audio, features a microphone which is automatically turned up when capturing video to ensure that sounds are recorded in vivid detail for the most captivating, ASMR recordings.
LG G8X ThinQ specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, 13MP ultra wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 136° lens, LED flash
- 32MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, 79° lens
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, FM Radio
- Dimensions:159.3 x 75.8 x 8.4mm; Weight: 192g
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 4,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The LG G8X ThinQ comes in Aurora Black color, is priced at Rs. 49,999 and comes with the LG Dual Screen. It will be available from Amazon.in and across all retail outlets starting tomorrow.
Commenting on the launch, Advait Vaidya, Business Head — Mobile Division, LG Electronics India Pvt Ltd, said:
We are delighted to introduce LG G8X ThinQ to our consumers with dual screen as a differentiated factor. It comes with two displays allowing two apps running parallel on each screen thus making multitasking much easier for its users. I am sure, this phone will redefine the way our consumers interact with the device. We will continue to innovate and expand the world of our smartphones and the Dual Screen and continue our journey to help create the best user experience.