OnePlus has announced that their OnePlus TV’s will now come with support for Netflix with its latest software update. New users will get the app pre-installed and existing users will get the app installed through the next software update for both the OnePlus TV 55 Q1 and OnePlus TV 55 Q1 Pro TVs.
OnePlus made its first entry into the connected home market with its OnePlus TV series back in September. The TVs initially came with support for Hungama, Eros and Zee5 content and other content partners like a content partners include Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, SonyLiv and YouTube.
The remote also has been updated to include a dedicated shortcut to the Netflix. Earlier there were only shortcuts to Amazon Prime and the Google Assistant. This new remote will come bundled with the purchase of the TV and OnePlus is offering to replace the older remotes for the existing customers too for free. To avail the new remote from OnePlus, click here.
OnePlus TV V1.8.0T1911211115 update brings
- Netflix on board!
- Added setting for directly entering recent “Input Source” at startup
- Optimized volume adjustment experience to increase or decrease audio volume more comfortable
- Pressing volume up and down buttons together to mute the TV
- Remote low battery and charging status notification on TV
- Optimized PQ video pinkish issue
As part of OnePlus completing 6 years since its inception, the company is also rolling out offers on the OnePlus TV on Amazon.in. The offers include:
- Instant cashback of INR 4000 and INR 5000 on Q1 and Q1 Pro, respectively when using HDFC credit and debit cards
- Cashback of INR 4000 and INR 6000 on Q1 and Q1 Pro through Amazon Pay
- Additional INR 3000 off on exchange on purchase of the OnePlus TV
- No cost EMI for up to 24 months
The OnePlus TV is currently available for purchase on Amazon.in and across 100+ offline outlets of Reliance Digital across the top 12 cities in India.
Regarding the addition of Netflix into the OnePlus software, Vikas Agarwal, General Manager, OnePlus India said:
We at OnePlus have always sought to provide the best possible technology on all our devices. Over the years, Netflix has played an important role in bringing an unmatched viewing experience on our smartphones. The association opens up a whole new world of possibilities, empowering storytellers on Netflix to expand into a whole new avenue for delivering diverse stories.