Xiaomi just announced its Mi TV 5 series at an event in China, as it had promised. Both come in 55-inch, 65-inch and 75-inch models, but the Mi TV 5 Pro feature Quantum Dot 4K QLED panels and the frame is 47.1% narrower than the Mi TV 4 series offering 97% screen-to-body ratio for an immersive experience. These have metal body with integrated curved frame so the back plate has no screws. The 55-inch model just 5.9mm at its thinnest point, 65-inch is 6mm and the 75-inch model is 9.9mm.
Similar to the Mi Full Screen TV Pro, this has Amologic T972 12nm chip with support for 8K video playback, thanks to 9th generation of image quality engine technology. There is also MEMC motion compensation technology and support for HDR 10+. These have two-channel two-way design, the left and right channels contain two vocal and woofer units, which improve the acoustic response curve by optimizing the acoustic waveguide structure, reducing the sound caused to the TV’s body. Resonance greatly enhances the audio’s audio response range (90Hz~14KHz) and user audiovisual experience, surpassing the industry standard of 200Hz~6.3KHz.
Xiaomi Mi TV 5 and 5 Pro (55″, 65″ and 75-inch) specifications
- Mi TV 5 — 55/65/75-inch (3840 × 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle
- Mi TV 5 Pro — 55/65/75-inch (3840 × 2160 pixels) Quantum Dot 4K QLED display with 178-degree viewing angle, 108% NTSC Color Gamut, HDR 10+, MEMC
- 1.9GHz Amlogic Cortex Quad-Core Cortex A55 T972 12nm processor with Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM,32GB storage (Mi TV 5) / 4GB RAM,64GB storage (Mi TV 5 Pro)
- WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth, 3 x HDMI (1 contain ARC), 2 x USB, S/PDIF, Ethernet
- Supports up to 8K video playback, H.264, Real, MPEG1/2/4, etc.
- 2 x 8w Stereo speakers, DTS audio, Dolby Audio, 4-mic array for Xiao AI
The Mi TV 5 55-inch, 65-inch and 75-inch TV cost 2999 yuan (US$ 427 / Rs. 30,255 approx.), 3999 yuan (US$ 570 / Rs. 40,340 approx.), and 7999 yuan (US$ 1140 / Rs. 80,700 approx.), respectively, and the Mi TV 5 Pro 55-inch, 65-inch and 75-inch TV cost 3699 yuan (US$ 527 / Rs. 37,315 approx.), 4999 yuan (US$ 712 / Rs. 50,435 approx.) and 9999 yuan (US$ 1425 / Rs. 1,00,880 approx.), respectively. These will go on sale in China from November 11th.