Meizu just announced 16T, the company’s latest smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.5-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display from Samsung, TÜV eye protection certification, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with up to 8GB of RAM, runs Flyme OS with Android Pie on top, has a 12-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 8-megapixel 118° ultra-wide lens that is also capable of shooting 2.5cm macro and a 5-megapixel depth sensor for portrait shots. It also has a 16-megapixel camera on the front for 0.2 second face unlock.
The phone has an optical in-display fingerprint scanner with 30% more unlock success rate for 0.2s rapid unlock compared to the predecessor, has dual stereo speakers, linear motor, retains the 3.5mm headphone jack, comes with game mode 4.0 and packs a 4500mAh battery life that promises whole day of battery life even with heavy use and comes with 18W mCharge fast charging.
Meizu 16T specifications
- 6.5-inch (1080 × 2232 pixels) Full HD+ 18.6:9 Super AMOLED display with 430 nit (up to 600 nit peak) brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Flyme OS 7 (Upgradable to FlymeOS 8)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX362 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash, 5MP camera with Samsung 5E9 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, 8MP 118° ultra-wide lens with Samsung 4H7 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.63×78.2×8.3mm; Weight: 183g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh (minimum) battery with 18W mCharge fast charging
The Meizu 16T comes in Green, Orange and Blue colors, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 282 / Rs. 20,040 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 2299 yuan (US$ 325 / Rs. 23,045 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2499 yuan (US$ 353 / Rs. 25,060 approx.). It is available for order today and will go on sale in China from October 28th. It will launch in India soon in limited number, probably through Amazon similar to earlier Meizu phones.