Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just launched the Redmi Note 8, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Note series in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.39-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform with up to 6GB RAM, features a 48-megapixel main camera with 4-in-1 pixel binning for low-light shots, 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 2-megapixel sensor for 2cm macro shots. There is a 13-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone features an improved speaker with 40% better output compared to the predecessor, smart PA, 1217 super linear speakers with 0.93cc audio cavity that has a nano mesh with nanoscale filament for patented automatic cleaning of dust. The Indian version has dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, same as the Redmi Note 8.
It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, which is 30% smaller than the Note 7, but it unlocks faster and comes with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and back with Aura fluid design, S Shaped holographic design in Neptune Blue and Cosmic Purple colors, and nano structure optical diffraction pattern in the Moonlight White color. It also has splash-resistant P2i coating and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging with fast charger in the box.
Redmi Note 8 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD screen, 450 nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL GM1 sensor, PDAF, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3×8.35mm; Weight: 190g
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Splash proof (P2i nano coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi Note 8 comes in Neptune Blue, Moonlight White, Cosmic Purple and Space Black colors, is priced at Rs. 9999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 12,999. It will be available from Amazon.in and mi.com starting from October 21st. Airtel users get double data for 10 months on recharge of Rs. 249/349.