OPPO just announced Reno Ace, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.5-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 91.7% screen-to-body ratio, 90Hz refresh rate and 135Hz touch sampling rate, is powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus with up to 12GB of RAM, uses composite carbon fiber between the chipset and the vapor cooling chamber, which is said to improve heat conductivity 3x to maximize CPU and GPU load, runs Android Pie with ColorOS on top.
It has a 48-megapixel rear camera with Ultra steady video mode that combines OIS and EIS and offers this even in 1080p 60fps videos, has Ultra Dark mode, 8-megapixel 116-degree ultra-wide sensor and a 13-megapixel telephoto lens for 5x hybrid zoom as well as a 2-megapixel mono lens. The phone also has a 16-megapixel front camera.
It has a gradient glass back, metal frame, features an in-display fingerprint scanner, offers 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene that vibrates the phone accordingly and packs a 4000mAh (2000mAh x 2) battery with support for 65W SuperVOOC Flash Charge that can charge the phone’s 4000mAh battery in less than 30 minutes and promises 6 hours of talk time with just 5 minutes of charging.
OPPO Reno Ace specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED HDR display with 90Hz refresh rate, up to 1000 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.1
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 0.8um pixel size, PDAF, OIS, EIS, 8MP 116-degree Ultra Wide Lens, 13MP 1/3″ telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 5x Hybrid Optical Zoom, 20X digital zoom, 2MP mono lens
- 16MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161×75.7×8.7mm; Weight: 200g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh (Typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 Flash Charge
The OPPO Reno Ace comes in Blue and Violet colors, is priced at 3199 yuan (US$ 449 / Rs. 31,950 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 3399 yuan (US$ 477 / Rs. 33,950 approx.) for 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3799 yuan (US$ 534 / Rs. 37,950 approx.). There will be 200 yuan discount for first two versions during the first sale. It will be available for order today and will go on sale in China from October 17th.
OPPO in partnership with Bandai Corporation has released Reno Ace Gundam 40th anniversary special edition with 3D avatar, social case and more for 3,599 yuan (US$ 505 / Rs. 35,955 approx.) for 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version. This will be available for order from October 21st and go on sale from November 11th, and there will only be 30,000 units.
There is also a new OPPO game controller C1 for the gundam edition with Free mapping technology, and deep ColorOS integration for controls. It will offer 4D vibrations with ALPS vibration linear motor in the controller handle for a realistic gaming experience. It is priced at 299 yuan (US$ 42 / Rs. 2990 approx.).