OPPO just announced K5, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the K series in China, as it had promised. The phone packs a 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 91.9% screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It is powered by Snapdragon 730G with up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0 and packs a 64-megapixel primary rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor and f/1.8 aperture. It has a 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.25 aperture, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 4cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture are same.
The phone also has AI scene recognition, Chrome boost, Super nightscape and Expert mode. There is also EIS support for video. It has a 32-megapixel camera on the front. It has a 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the back. The phone has an in-display fingerprint sensor and packs a 4000mAh battery with 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 67% in just 30 minutes and also comes with USB Type-C port.
OPPO K5 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 6.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size with 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture,1.75μm pixel size, 2MP for 4cm macro with f/2.4 aperture,1.75μm pixel size
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.2×8.6mm; Weight: 182g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery (typical) / 3920mAh (minimum) with 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging
The OPPO K5 comes in Green, Blue and White colors, is priced at 1899 yuan (US$ 267 / Rs. 18,970 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 2099 yuan (US$ 295 / Rs. 20,965 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2499 yuan (US$ 350 / Rs. 24,960 approx.). These will be available for order from today and will go on sale in China from October 17th. It is also offering 100 yuan discount for the first two versions for the first sale.