Xiaomi launched the Mi CC9 and CC9e smartphones with AMOLED display, triple rear cameras, in-display fingerprint sensor and more back in July. Today, Xiaomi has launched Mi 9 Lite at an event held in Spain and the Mi 9 Lite is a global version of Mi CC9 and the design and specifications remain the same.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, similar to the Mi CC9 sports a 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a screen-to-body ratio of 91% and is powered by Snapdragon 710 SoC with Game Turbo 2.0 paired with up to 6GB RAM / up to 128GB storage. There is no physical fingerprint sensor on the Mi 9 Lite, instead, it features a seventh-gen in-display fingerprint scanner. It comes in White Lover, Blue Planet and Dark Prince colors which produce a 3D effect and also adopts a vertical logo, similar to Mi CC9 and Mi A3.
Regarding the optics, it sports a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.79 aperture, 8-megapixel 118° ultra-wide-angle lens and a 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 32-megapixel front camera sensor from Samsung that merges four pixels to form large 1.6μm pixels for better low-light images and AI beautify mode. It also has a multi-colour LED light on its back cover and in addition to acting as a notification LED, the hue light also supports unique light effects for games and can also pulse along to your favourite music. It packs a 4030mAh (typical) battery with QC 4.0 charging and ships with 18W fast charger in the box.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8×74.5×8.67mm; Weight: 179g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC USB Type-C
- 4030mAh (typical) / 3940mAh (minimum) battery with QC 4.0 charging, 18W fast charger
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version is priced at €319 (US$ 352 / Rs. 25,200 approx.) and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version is priced at €349 (US$ 385 / Rs. 27,560 approx.). The reservations for the Mi 9 Lite will open in Spain on September 20th 2019.
Source (in Spanish)