After teasers, Vivo has announced that it will introduce Vivo NEX 3 5G, the company’s next-generation NEX series smartphone with 5G support and new waterfall display on September 16th in Shanghai, China. Vivo general manager already posted a teaser showing off the phone’s ‘waterfall screen’ which is curved on all the sides offering 99.6% screen-to-body ratio, The phone as been certified by TENAA with the model number V1924T revealing the specifications, including Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC combined with Qualcomm’s X50 modem for 5G connectivity and up to 12GB RAM.
The phone will feature a circular triple rear camera module with a 64-megapixel rear camera, which should use the Samsung’s 1/7″ 0.8-micrometer (μm) pixel 64MP ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor, along with two 13-megapixel cameras and a 16-megapixel pop-up front camera. TENAA image shows a gradient back with NEX 5G branding. The phone is said to pack a 4500mAh battery with ultra fast charging. There are also rumors of 120W fast charging. It should come with an in-display fingerprint scanner.
Vivo NEX 3 5G rumored specifications
- 6.89-inch (1080 × 2256 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB internal memory, 12GB RAM with 512GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, 13MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 13MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:167.44×76.18×9.4mm ; Weight: 218g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4410mAh (minimum) battery with ultra fast charging
We should know the price of Vivo NEX 3 5G when it goes official later this month.