Samsung just announced the Galaxy A90 5G (SM-A905G), the company’s first 5G phone ‘A series’, after several rumors. It packs a 6.7-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display, is powered by Snapdragon 855 combined with Qualcomm’s X50 modem for 5G connectivity and up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android Pie with Samsung One UI, packs a 48-megapixel primary rear camera along with an 8-megapixel 123° ultra-wide-angle lens and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. The camera features AI capabilities such as Super Steady, Scene Optimizer and Flaw Detector, and is also a 32-megapixel front camera with Live Focus Mode.
This is the first in the Galaxy A Series with Samsung DeX to expand the experience to PC screen or TV, and the Microsoft Your Phone app lets you mirror your phone display onto your desktop to check notifications, send and receive messages, and browse through recent photos. It has unique geometric pattern on the back glass. There is an in-display fingerprint scanner and the phone packs a 4500mAh battery with 25W super-fast charging capabilities.
Samsung Galaxy A90 5G specifications
- 6.7-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (Max 2.84GHz + 2.42Ghz + 1.8GHz) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage, expandable memory with microSD (Up to 512GB / 6GB RAM version only)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Single / Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 123° ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 76.4 x 8.4 mm; Weight: 206g
- USB Type-C audio,
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) VHT80 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh (minimum) battery with 25W super fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A90 5G comes in Black and White colors, is priced at 899,800 won (US$ 741 / Rs. 53,310 approx.) and will roll out from tomorrow, September 4 in Korea and will expand to additional markets thereafter.