HUAWEI today showcased the Nova 5T smartphone at the Fashion Showcase during KL Fashion Week in Malaysia earlier today, as it had promised. This shows a glass back, quad rear cameras with a 48-megapixel main camera, so it should come with a 16-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, 2-megapixel sensor for 4cm macro and a 2-megapixel for portrait shots, similar to the Nova 5 Pro that was introduced in China back in June.
There is a new Nova logo on the back, the company also introduced a new color scheme.
HUAWEI Nova 5T rumored specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED HDR Display with 108% DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB, expandable memory up to 256GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1.1
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash 16MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth of field lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, CAF
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions: 157.4×74.8×7.33mm; Weight: 171g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh (typical) 3400mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
We can expect similar specifications as the Nova 5, but with additional colors. We should know the price and other details once the phone goes official the coming Tuesday.