LG Electronics (LG) and LUMI United Technology, an Internet of Things (IoT) and smart home solution provider, have signed a partnership to develop innovations using AI and advanced sensors that can detect changes in indoor environments such as humidity level, temperature and movement of doors.
- LG products embedded with LUMI’s advanced Aqara sensor technology will save energy and increase convenience as well as enhance safety and comfort in the home.
- Aqara sensor in the home set to the preferred temperature will enable an LG air conditioner to operate automatically.
- With a connected Aqara sensor attached to a window, the user will receive a notification when the window is opened while the LG appliance is in operation.
- LG dehumidifier employing LUMI technology will be shown maintaining clothes in optimal condition by automatically regulating the humidity level.
- LG’s WK7 intelligent speaker connected to an Aqara LED Light Bulb that changes the lighting in the room when it hears the words ‘Cinema Mode’.
Real-life demonstrations of the LG and LUMI partnership will be on display at IFA 2019 in Berlin from September 6-11 in Hall 18 of Messe Berlin.
Commenting on the new partnership, Ryu Hye-jung, executive director of LG Home Appliance & Air Solution Company’s Smart Home Business, said:
We are very excited to partner with LUMI and to share our latest smart home living solutions with visitors to IFA 2019. Through this strategic partnership LG will evolve the connected home ecosystem in ways that will matter to consumers, expanding our smart home solutions to include smart buildings as well as smart cities.