Samsung has announced its flagship Galaxy Note10 and Galaxy Note10+ smartphones at an event in the US, as it had promised. These pack a 6.3-inch FHD+ and 6.8-inch Quad HD+ Curved Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Displays, feature in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner that reads the 3D contours of user’s physical thumbprint for improved anti-spoofing and a re-designed, uni-body Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled S Pen with Air actions customizable gesture controls, handwriting-to-text conversion to MS Word, PDF and more, Screen off memo in 5 colors and more. The S Pan has built-in Lithium-titanate battery that lasts 10 hours with a single charge, yet weighs just 3.04 grams.
These are powered by Snapdragon 855 or Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9825 7nm SoCs depending on the region and the Galaxy Note10+ 5G utilizes Snapdragon 855 with the Snapdragon X50 modem that supports 5G for both Sub-6 GHz and mmWave frequency bands. These run Android 9.0 (Pie) with OneUI and come with Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay and Samsung DeX, making it easier for users to work between their phone and a PC or Mac with a simple, compatible USB connection.
The Note10 has triple rear cameras with a primary 12-megapixel Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture primary sensor, 16-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view and a 12-megapixel Telephoto lens along with a 10-megapixel Dual Pixel front-facing camera, while the Note10+ also comes with an additional DepthVision or ToF rear camera that can take a scan of an object, and instantly turn it into a movable 3D rendering. There is also new zoom-in-mic feature that will amplify audio in the camera’s frame.
These have a glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, feature IP68 ratings water and dust resistance and pack 3,500mAh and 4,300mAh batteries, respectively with support for wired fast charging and Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 as well as new Wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi compatible devices on the back of the phones. The Galaxy Note10+ also supports Super Fast Charging that promises one day of battery life with just 30 minutes of charge with 45W wired charging capability, but you have to get the 45W charger separately.
Samsung Galaxy Note10 and Galaxy Note10+ specifications
- Note10 – 6.3-inch FHD+ (2280×1080 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O display with 401ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Note10+ – 6.8-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O display with 498ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (Max. 2.8 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.7 GHz) with Adreno 640 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9825 7nm processor (Max. 2.7 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.9 GHz) with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- Note10 – 8GB RAM with 256GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Note10+ – 12GB RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Note10 – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.5/f/2.4 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Note10+ – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.5/f/2.4 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, VGA DepthVision Camera
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers and earphones tuned by AKG, Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology, USB Type-C audio
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB light sensor; BLE S Pen: 6-axis Sensor including Gyro Sensor and Acceleration Sensor
- Note10 Dimensions: 71.8 x 151.0 x 7.9mm; Weight: 168g
- Note10+ Dimensions: 77.2 x 162.3 x 7.9mm; Weight: 196g (5G: 198g)
- Dual 4G VoLTE / 5G (Note10+), Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO,1024QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, MST, USB Type-C
- Note10 – 3,500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
- Note10+ – 4,300mAh battery with up to 45W fast wired charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Galaxy Note10 and Galaxy Note10+ will be available in Aura Glow, Aura White and Aura Black colors. The Aura Blue color will be exclusively at Best Buy and Samsung.com, in carrier and Unlocked by Samsung versions in the U.S
- Samsung Galaxy Note10 8GB + 256GB – $949.99 (Rs. 67,520 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 12GB + 256GB – $1099.99 (Rs. 78,180 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 12GB + 512GB – $1199.99 (Rs. 85,290 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G 12GB + 256GB – $1299.99 (Rs. 92,400 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G 12GB + 512GB- $1399.99 (Rs. 99,505 approx.)
The Galaxy Note10 and Galaxy Note10+ are priced starting at Rs. 69,999 and Rs. 79,999, respectively in India and will be available for pre-order from Samsung Online Shop, Flipkart, Amazon.in,Paytm and Tata CLiQ starting today. These will roll out globally starting from August 23, 2019.
The Galaxy Note10+ 5G will also be available on the same date in the US through Verizon Wireless for a limited time, and will be available through AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile at a later date. Pre-orders begin August 8, 2019, till August 22, 2019.