Black Shark just announced the Black Shark 2 Pro, an enhanced version of the Black Shark 2 smartphone that was introduced earlier this year. It is powered by the latest Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC and up to 256GB UFS3.0 storage. It a 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with HDR support, touch response speed of 34.7ms with touch algorithm optimization especially for gaming, and includes a dedicated DC dimming 2.0. The liquid cooling 3.0 promises improved cooling with liquid-cooled plate and liquid-cooled tube to reduce the CPU’s core temperature.
The phone has a new design language on the back inspired by the F1 car and a new lighting effect.
Black Shark 2 Pro specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 display with 108.9% DCI – P3 color gamut, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.61×75.01x 8.77mm; Weight: 205g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast charging
The Black Shark 2 Pro comes in Electric black, Ice ash, Blue, Orange and Purple colors, is priced at 2999 yuan (US$ 435 / Rs. 29,950 approx.) for the 12GB RAM with 128GB storage and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3499 yuan (US$ 508 / Rs. 34,945 approx.) . It is available for order today will go on sale in China from August 2nd.