HUAWEI’s HONOR brand along with the Honor 9X and Honor 9X Pro, also introduced Honor Band 5, successor of last year’s Honor Band 4. It has the same 0.95-inch AMOLED color 2.5D curved glass touch screen display in addition to Home button, comes with continuous heart rate tracking, with atrial fibrillation screening is as high as 97.8% and is also water resistant up to 50 meters. It has automatic activity tracking that lets you track running, cycling, swimming and more.
The band has TruSleep 3.5 that uses cardiopulmonary coupled dynamics spectrum (CPC) to monitor complete sleep structure including deep sleep (REM) to analyse sleep and offer personalized sleep recommendations. It has a new SpO2 sensor for estimating blood oxygen levels.
Honor Band 5 specifications
- 0.95 inch (240×120 pixels) AMOLED touch color display
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Compatible with Android 4.4 (or later) or iOS 9.0 (or later)
- Pedometer, Sleep tracker, Exercise tracker, Sedentary reminder
- 6-axis sensors; infrared wearing detection sensor
- PPG heart rate sensor for continuous Heart rate tracking
- Call and Message notification, Incoming call mute function
- Water and dust resistant (50 meter / 5 ATM)
- SpO2 sensor
- NFC (Optional)
- Dimensions: 43 × 17.2 × 11.5 mm; Weight: ~ 22.7g
- 100mAh battery with up to 14 days of usage time, 20 days standby
The Honor Band 5 comes in Meteorite Black, Midnight Blue, Coral Pink and Olive Green colors, is priced at 189 yuan (US$ 27 / Rs. 1,890 approx.) for the standard version and the NFC version costs 219 yuan (US$ 31 / Rs. 2,195 approx.). It is available for order today and goes on sale in China from July 29th.