ASUS just launched the 6Z, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.46-inch Full HD+ no-notch LCD screen with narrow bezels and 92% screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with up to 8GB of RAM, runs stock Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZenUI 6 with updates for Android Q and R in the future, and features a motorized flip camera with 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 with Quad Bayer technology for 12MP effective images, along with a 13-megapixel 125-degree ultra-wide lens so that you can use it as both front and rear cameras, and the flip mechanism can be used in 90-degree position. You can also shoot 180-degree Panorama shots.
The flip-up camera made from Liquid Metal is lighter than stainless steel and is 4x stronger. It will close automatically if you drop the phone, and the company at the launch said that it has tested it with up to 100,000 flips.
It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and a dedicated smart key that is customizable. The back also has a 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection, and the phone features 6000-series aluminum frame. It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 5,000mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0, and comes with 18W charger in the box.
ASUS 6Z specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ NanoEdge IPS LCD 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen with 600 nits brightness, HDR10, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZenUI 6
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP flip camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, Laser AF, EIS, 13MP secondary camera with 125-degree ultra-wide lens, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 60 fps video recording
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm; Weight: 190g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio,5-magnet stereo speaker, Dual NXP TFA9874 smartamp, dual microphones
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging
The ASUS 6Z comes in Midnight Black and Twilight Silver colors, is priced at Rs. 31,999 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, Rs. 34,999 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 39,999 and will be available from Flipkart starting from June 26th. Flipkart’s Complete Mobile Protection worth Rs. 3999 will be available at Rs. 99.
Check out the unboxing and first impressions here. Full Review will be up soon.